Sam Gindin - The Canadian Auto Workers: The Birth and Transformation of a Union
The Canadian Auto Workers: Birth and Transformation of a Union by Sam Gindin
This illustrated history of the Canadian Auto Workers provides a profile of the CAW as well as the labour and social movements it helped shape. Part of the U.S. based United Auto Workers for fifty years, the CAW split from the UAW in 1985 to become the diverse and powerful union it is today.
The full contents of this book are available through the links listed below.
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Making Cars, Remaking People
- Chapter 2 - Searching for a New Deal
- Chapter 3 - The Breakthrough
- Chapter 4 - The Recognition
- Chapter 5 - Delivering the Goods
- Chapter 6 - The Other Sixties
- Chapter 7 - The Candy Man's Gone
- Chapter 8 - Breaking Away
- Chapter 9 - The More Things Change, The More They...Change Again
- Chapter 10 - Building is Everything