The CAW Difference
- You elect your workplace representatives.
- You have your questions answered and your grievances filled.
- You have contracts that are negotiated, not arbitrated or extended without any input from you.
- You elect your own bargaining committee to gather your workplace issues and sit at the bargaining table along with an experienced CAW representative to bargain improvements, starting from you current agreement and moving forward.
- We will continue to fight for minimum staffing standards in long term care.
Free trade with the European Union is a bad idea for Canada
The Harper government's relentless push to sign a new Canada-EU free trade deal would undermine the rights of federal, provincial and municipal governments to manage public spending over goods and services; it would privatize public services like drinking water, prevent us from adopting strong measures to combat climate change and wipe out up to 150,000 Canadian jobs, among a long list of additional concerns. CAW President Ken Lewenza says: