Federal Election 2008
The current federal election campaign is of vital interest to all CAW members, their families and workers across the country. The manufacturing job crisis the Harper Conservatives continue to preside over is of huge concern as is the high Canadian dollar, unfair one-way trade policies, the future of quality public health care, the environment, equality and women's rights and Canada's diminishing role as an independent nation on the international stage.
The CAW has prepared an election issues booklet and other material available for download from this site. For more information, please click on the links below.
Click here to listen to "You Have a Choice" - the Stop Harper anthem created by a group of top Canadian artists including K-OS, Sarah Harmer, Hawksley Workman, Jason Collett and many others.
- CAW Identifies 40 Ridings Where Election Outcome Will be Determined -Urges Strategic Vote to Stop Conservatives
- 40 'Slim Win' Ridings Which Will Determine the Federal Election Outcome
- CAW Federal Election 2008 Factbook: Our Canada, Our Future
- Tough Questions for Conservative Party Candidates
- Federal Election Leadership Tour and Events
- Women: Why the Stephen Harper Conservatives don't deserve your vote
- Five things you should know about Stephen Harper - Fact Sheets
- Critical Election Links
- Media Coverage
Save the Federal Gun Registry! Say NO to Bill C-391
The CAW has joined with hundrds of thousands of Canadians aross this country calling on MPs to vote NO when Bill C-391 returns for third and final reading in Parliament in the coming month. Bill C-391 is a Conservative-lead private members bill intended to dismantle Canada's long gun registry - the existing government program that administers the registration of rifles and shotguns.