WSIB - Medical Orientation (Workers Safety & Insurance Board - Ontario only)
This course is designed for those Ontario members who have successfully completed Levels I, II and/or III or Return To Work. The medical orientation course is a comprehensive program designed to break down the barrier of communicating in 'medicalese'. Through straight-forward explanations and exercises, medical terminology is broken down into understandable terms. Participants will learn about basic human anatomy, body functions and systems, diagnostic testing and surgical procedures. We will focus on areas that are common to WCB advocacy. Specific work related injuries will be discussed with an in-depth look at occupational diseases and how to prove a causal relationship. Actual medical reports will be used throughout the course.
Participants will both learn to understand the contents of medical reports and apply them to resolve entitlements for injured workers. Participants will also gain practical experience in calculating various pensions contained in the Act. The basics of ergonomics will also be included in this course.
WSIB LEVEL I & II IS A PREREQUISITE.
Click here for information on how to register for or book one of our programs.
Additional Workers Compensation programs:
- WHSC - Level I (Canadian Course)
- WHSC - Level II - Committees (Workers Health & Safety Centre - Provincial)
- WHSC - Level II - Law (Workers Health and Safety Centre - Provincial)
- WHSC - Level II - Law (Workers Health and Safety Centre - Federal)
- WSIB - Return to Work (Workers Safety & Insurance Board - Ontario only)
- WSIB I & II (Workers Safety & Insurance Board - Ontario only)
- WSIB Appeals (Ontario only)